Select a health panel test to have a comprehensive examination of health and to save money
Blood Insulin Level Test
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It helps in the utilization of excess blood glucose. It promotes the uptake of glucose in the muscles, kidneys, and liver. Failure to control the blood glucose results in Pathologies like Diabetes Mellitus. Insulin level itself is very crucial to monitor as a High blood insulin level is associated with various tumors like insulinomas and low level of insulin level is associated with Type 1 and 2 Diabetes. Timely diagnosis by blood testing not only prevents us from acute organ insult but prevents us from chronic devastating outcomes. In Short, in this blood insulin level test, we can measure the level of insulin in our body.
Who should take this test
These days owing to the increased prevalence of deaths from diabetes mellitus and tumors of pancreas like insulinomas an individual needs to get himself checked regularly. But if you have following symptoms, you are supposed to contact the lab immediately for an insulin level test
- Increase urination
- Cold peripheries
- Numbness in Body
- Vision Problem
- Fasting level of blood insulin level is 25ml/Ul
- Insulin Level after 30 minutes of glucose administration should be 30-230ml/Ul
- Insulin Level after 60 minutes of glucose administration should be 18-276ml/Ul
- Insulin Level after 120minutes of glucose administration should be 16-166ml/Ul
- Insulin Level after 180 minutes of glucose administration should be less than 25ml/Ul
There are no such special instructions but you have to keep overnight fast to check fasting insulin level. Moreover Complete fasting of 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours required for accurate results in the above cases.